Sunday, June 7, 2009

Spring Hyacinth I


It has been a long time since I posted anything here. (I thought it had only been 3 weeks.) Oh, well! I have been working. In May two quilts were completed. One was a bed quilt for a charity auction.. Unfortunately, possibly because of finishing it at the last minute, no picture exists. The other piece, completed for an art sale at a fund raiser, is a 16" piece based on a photo of some hyacinths seen in Elizabeth Park in West Hartford this past March. It is the first piece I have prepared to hang by wrapping it on stretcher bars. I was striving for the look of a sketch on top of the quilt grid.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Totally cool, Betty! I love etchings & botanicals, and this quilt captures that for me! And as I just finished machine quilting Violet's big girl bed quilt, I have a new found awe for those who machine quilt well and with artistic flair. Excellent job with the quilting!!!! I tried to do something other than my usual stipple, but it was no fun. All that stopping and starting on my little home machine. And since I don't machine quilt very often, I don't have the requisite skill to match my creativity. So I reverted to the stippling and my singing Doris Day's "Que Sera Sera." And I returned to the fun of my fiber. :)
I didn't even know you had a blog!!!! I will be keeping up with your show and tell here now. :))) Mary Beth